SLAY Radio Gathering @ Stockholm

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Will you make it to the Stockholm Gathering on July 8th?

Poll ended at 10/07/2006 - 20:37

Yes, I plan to be in Stockholm at least for the whole weekend.
24%
Yes, I will attend on the Saturday to do some major gathering...
13%
Yes, but I can only make it on the Friday so you better fix something to do then as well.
3%
Nah, at the moment it doesn't seem like I'll be able to make it, I'm afraid.
50%
A gathering? With you freaks at SLAY Radio? Never! I'd rather have my brain removed with a dull plastic spoon.
11%

Total votes: 38

Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Dimmignatt wrote:There is 2 seats available in the car if you and Sara wants to tag along ??
Cool! :D

Good to know, though if we're coming we're probably going from Malmö. We might be in Norrköping, but most likely Malmö. Though I doubt Sara will come, because her mum turns 50 on July 9th.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

This will be sooooo much fun =) .. hi hi..
"Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds. Lawrence? "
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by khisanth »

Quick question , would it be worth going if you dont speak a word of Swedish/Danish/German etc , just boring old English ??? :D
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I'd say it won't be a problem. The non-Swedes at the last gathering didn't seem to mind. The official SLAY Radio Gathering-language is (de facto) English. In fact, I bet you'll hear Swedes speaking English to each other after a while, even if no foreigners are involved in the discussion. ;)
Last edited by Makke on 29/05/2006 - 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

khisanth wrote:Quick question , would it be worth going if you dont speak a word of Swedish/Danish/German etc , just boring old English ??? :D

Yes it will.. Since almost everybody will stick to the English language under this gathering :lol:
And we have lots of FUN :D
"Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds. Lawrence? "
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

Alla talar engelska, inget problem med det. Om vi glömmer det så lovar vi att det finns textremsa! ;) :mrgreen:
iZero

Post by iZero »

It seems that I'm not able to make it to either gathering. For some reason Blue1 doesn't fly to Stockholm from Oulu in July or Blue1/SAS to Göteborg at weekends in early August. And the Great Sa*an (as my friend calls Finnair :D ) costs a fortune.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Allrighty...

Now I've found some places for you to stay if you haven't got any friend or relative to stay with. I'd gladly accomodate you all, but since I don't have my own mansion just yet, it's unfortunately a bit hard to do so.

And btw, just to clarify one thing... This is NOT an extremely organized event. It's just a possibility for us to get together with old and new friends and just have a good time. We'll just improvise and see how things turn out. As I wrote in the first post, the 8th will be the date of the actual gathering, but we'll definately find out something to do on the 7th as well.

First, a small currency list:
100 SEK = 10.8 Euro = 13.7 USD = 7.4 GBP

My place:

Next, the different options.

Guest apartment:
I have the possibility to rent a small guest apartment quite near where I live at 150SEK/night. There are 3 beds in there but I suppose we could fit some more matresses there and squeeze in some more people if you like. The more, the merrier and less expensive it'll be. ;)

Scandic Star Sollentuna - http://tinyurl.com/plp4b :
A very nice Scandic hotel is located quite nearby. The rooms starts at 790SEK/night including breakfast.

Sollentuna apartment hotel - http://tinyurl.com/pvb2h :
If you feel like having your own apartment, that's also an option, even closer than the other ones. There are two different types of apartments. 2-room with 3 beds at 1250SEK/night and 5-room with 5 beds at 2125SEK/night.

There is a supermarket (open all days 08:00-22:00) located in the mall nearby as well as quite a few pizzerias and similar fast-food places. In the mall, there's also a 'Systembolag', ie a place where you can buy your booze and beer if you want. It's open until 19:00 on the 7th and between 10:00-15:00 on the 8th, just so you know... ;)

I'll post more details about how to get there as the date gets closer, but it's quite easy to get there by car, train or bus. The airport is not far off but is a bit more complicated to explain so I'll leave that one for later.

I'll be able to help you get from and to the airport/central station in different ways so just take it up with me and I'll figure something out.

I just think we'll try to have as much fun as possible and just see what we'll find out to do. I know for sure that we WILL do some live radio and then you'll see us DJs at work, without the use of a webcam. ;) For dinner on the 8th I was thinking to fix a collective Taco buffet, which would let people decide all by themselves what they want to eat, hence making it suitable to both vegetarians and us regular carnivores... ;) If we all chip in, it won't cost that much to do as well.

Anyhoo, all this is just my thoughts and I'm a very flexible person, so if you come up with some interesting ideas, I'll gladly accept all input... :)

More info will pop up as I get to know it. Feel free to contact me on any matter and I'll gladly be of assistance. Please, also do me the courtesy of telling me as soon as you know whether you'll join us or not... :)

/ Ziph
Last edited by Ziphoid on 28/06/2006 - 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Ill see how the money situation is

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

My travelling days are over... Been all over the world in the last few years; i think i've done my bit in supporting various projects/gatherings and have enjoyed every minuite of it. But, it's time now to sit back and let others do the running around.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

tas wrote:My travelling days are over... Been all over the world in the last few years; i think i've done my bit in supporting various projects/gatherings and have enjoyed every minuite of it. But, it's time now to sit back and let others do the running around.
What!? You won't visit me in my guarded retirement home? Oh, well, here goes our promised wheel chair competition... :lol:
All is lost.
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

Makke wrote:I'd say it won't be a problem. The non-Swedes at the last gathering didn't seem to mind. The official SLAY Radio Gathering-language is (de facto) English. In fact, I bet you'll hear Swedes speaking English to each other after a while, even if no foreigners are involved in the discussion. ;)
At one of the Manypeopleshows, you and I did that for 45 minutes .. with no-one else in the room. :shock:
mairsil

Post by mairsil »

I assume that it is OK for me as a ordinary listener to come the gathering?

Anyhow, I'd like to be there if possible. And transportation/housing isn't a problem due to Stockholm being where I live :)
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Of course you're welcome, mairsil. After all, the event is all about having fun and if you're a nice person, you're very welcome to join us! :) I'll add you to the list as as show-upper... :)

/ Ziph
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

/me ownz Ziphoid sofa. and shower. :>
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/