Best Rob Hubbard tune ever?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

I'd have to go with Thalamusik (loader tune from Sanxion) as my all time Hubbard classic, partially because it feels like a progressive rock synth anthem with its various sections of the tune all working so well together.

Mind you, like Chris, I've also got a soft spot for Kentilla. It's a real shame that the music wasn't put into the game as Rob intended, that it'd be fully interactive music depending on your game location, but instead all the pieces got added together as one completely epic lengthy piece.

(Talking of Kentilla Chris, whatever happened to that orchestral version Rob did that was originally planned for BIT2? It needs to be heard, because it's so brilliant. Maybe arrange with Rob for a RKO release, unless you have something planned for it...)

Also, Rob's digi tunes are worth a mention, not least the intro music to Skate or Die, which a) rocks, b) rocks and c) er... rocks. And there's still no great remix of it either...
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Its like potato chips you just cant have one. I'll list my favourites.

ALL OF THEM!!!
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Waz wrote:the intro music to Skate or Die, which a) rocks, b) rocks and c) er... rocks. And there's still no great remix of it either...
I actually thought your own sid remix was better than robs original :oops:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Waz wrote:I'd have to go with Thalamusik (loader tune from Sanxion) as my all time Hubbard classic, partially because it feels like a progressive rock synth anthem with its various sections of the tune all working so well together.

Mind you, like Chris, I've also got a soft spot for Kentilla. It's a real shame that the music wasn't put into the game as Rob intended, that it'd be fully interactive music depending on your game location, but instead all the pieces got added together as one completely epic lengthy piece.

(Talking of Kentilla Chris, whatever happened to that orchestral version Rob did that was originally planned for BIT2? It needs to be heard, because it's so brilliant. Maybe arrange with Rob for a RKO release, unless you have something planned for it...)

Also, Rob's digi tunes are worth a mention, not least the intro music to Skate or Die, which a) rocks, b) rocks and c) er... rocks. And there's still no great remix of it either...
The full Kentilla is actually played on the title screen of the Back in Time Live DVD #2... this was a version that was remastered from Rob's source files by Markus Schneider.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Spellbound - nothing else comes close to that one!
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

I gotta agree with Pex there. Spellbound is outstanding... Then again, Nemesis the Warlock ain't to shabby either... ...and I DO love Lightforce too...

As an overall soundtrack I really liked 'The Human Race' since it featured quite a few types of genres...

/ Ziph
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Too many greats to choose from... Geoff Capes Strongman, Sam Fox Strip Poker...

Seriously, SKATE OR DIE rocks \m/
MASTER OF MAGIC is VERY atmospheric and suits the game
LIGHTFORCE is brilliant
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
moog
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by moog »

My types are :D (in such order) :

1. Lightforce
2. Spellbound
3. Sanxion
4. Star paws

These are my favs
Rondo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Rondo »

I'll have to go with Spellbound, I think. International Karate and Crazy Comets come very close, though.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

In terms of technical brilliance, complete and total MASTERY of the SID chip and agelessness, it's got to be the Delta in game music (based on Philip Glass' 'Koyanasquatsi' soundtrack and some old shit from Pink Floyd, apparently) ;)

Of his own compositions - Lightforce.

Tonka
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Zoids and OMAHD are my all time SID favorites, so i'll go for those.
Tonka wrote:..some old shit from Pink Floyd, apparently) ;)
Tonka
"On the run" from "Dark side of the moon"
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Vandal
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Vandal »

What is ZOIDS based on? I can't see it being as good as the RH tune tho. Everything about it is superb.
I choked Linda Lovelace ...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Vandal wrote:What is ZOIDS based on? I can't see it being as good as the RH tune tho. Everything about it is superb.
"Ancestors" from the album "Audion" from Larry Fast, otherwise known as "Synergy". Master of Magic is "Shibbolet" from the same album.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Vandal wrote:What is ZOIDS based on? I can't see it being as good as the RH tune tho. Everything about it is superb.
"Ancestors" from the album "Audion" from Larry Fast, otherwise known as "Synergy". Master of Magic is "Shibbolet" from the same album.
And you're right... It's not a bloody PATCH on Robs version :lol:

Tonka
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

I'm surprised Ricochet hasn't been mentioned, my favourite of all Rob's SIDs.

Superbly silly, especially considering it was "Ample Hamble" that composed it. :D
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'