FIFA World cup 2006 in Germany

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

tas wrote:avoid playing Germany but also Argentina in the quaters.
That's as long as Argentina actually win their group, of course. If they're runners up it's a different story. Mind you, I can see their game with Holland being a draw..
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Waz wrote:The worst player for me tonight was Beckham
I wouldn't call him the worst, but he definitely stayed anonymous for long parts of the game. It was like he reduced himself to the "free kicker", and did nothing in bewteen.
tas wrote:Sweden V Germany and England V Ecudor.
Playing Germany will be an interesting game, though one that'll be hard to win.
tas wrote:With Owen out now for the rest of the tornament how bad is it looking on the striker front.
That was very unfortunate for Owen, but I'm not sure it was such a set back for the team. Owen has not impressed much all tournament in my opinion.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Your quite right Makke, Owen had only played 6 hours of football all last season due to injury and hasn't at all looked fully match fit. In that respect its not such a great loss (it would have most certainly been if he was fully fit and in form).

The problem is more to do with what strikers we have left. We have Rooney who is our shinning star but he's only just recovered/recovering from from a metatarsal injury and that could go at any moment. Crouch is safe as safe can be and has got a good record in recient times. Other than that we only have Wallcott who has never played a competative game for his club (Arsenal) and was a shock inclusion to the squad. Sven has never even seen him play for his club!!!

We have no other strikers at hand. Sven decided only to take 4 strikers to the World Cup and two of them had serious concerns over injury. One of them already out of the competition, the other hasn't played a full 90 mins.
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

I must admit I dont religiously follow football but every time a World Cup comes around I always try to watch as many games on TV as I can.

After all those years trying to beat a #5 ranked South American team, Australia got in. Also for future World Cup qualifying, Australia will also be in the Asia zone (thank god as Oceania had no real path). Anyway with Australia being the only Asian team to progress to the next phase of the world cup our future looks very bright for qualifying at South Africa 2010 and beyond.

Anyway is it just me or does ...
Every time Australia steps on the field, FIFA must go into silly season mood with the referee decisions looking like amateur hour.

How many times has Australia had to fight back from crap decisions?
OMG that Croatia game was just STUPID... We missed out on 2 penalties and had a Croatia player running around with 2 yellows in that match.

I was almost ready to kill our goal-keeper Zeljko Kalac (of Croatian decent) last night for the piss-weak attempt at stopping the 2nd goal Croatia scored. For some crazy reason Huss choose over Mark Schwarzer so I'm glad to see his return for the Italy game.
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

That Ref against Crotia was Mike Pollard who's usually a very sound English Referee but didn't he get it so wrong during that game!

3 yellow cards for one player? oh deary me!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

It's round of 16 time... let's knockout some of those South Americans, shall we?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
io
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by io »

Well today was a really sad day for .se thats for sure :(
You succeded in demolishing the communication setup, cutting off the enemy from rescue.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

io wrote:Well today was a really sad day for .se thats for sure :(
Yup. Germany was the better team, and deserved to win.

The ref could just as well have been German too though...
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Makke wrote:The ref could just as well have been German too though...
Why? :) You guys got a penalty, missed out on it and the 2 goals fell before he was sent off... No seriouly, I must admit, the Swedes didn't look like they could hold up against the German team today. And (warning, being boastful now)... I'm even more sure as of today, that Germany will win this World Cup. Mark my words. 8)
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Yeah, sad day for Sweden. If It looks like 2-0 was like a knockout for the swedish team, with a red card to top it off. :/
io
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by io »

Makke wrote: The ref could just as well have been German too though...
Indeed, I got really pissed off when he sent Lucic out. His behaviour (his smile and acting) was quite strange and most of all RUDE. But maybe he was a bit nervous cause of all the germans there.

Anywho, Germany was sooo much stronger than us. Just to congratulate them I guess. But I will not, cause they suck! :x :shock: :D
You succeded in demolishing the communication setup, cutting off the enemy from rescue.
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Well, I think you suck even more... :x :shock: :D
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
io
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by io »

Dr.Future wrote:Well, I think you suck even more... :x :shock: :D
Hehe, yes it appears so..

Nah, but u guys deserve that victory. And the player who scored the two goals (can't remember his name) is def. a TOP player.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

io wrote:But maybe he was a bit nervous cause of all the germans there.
True, that could be an explanation, but no excuse.

I'll just add that I rarely complain about refs. I used to be a football ref myself... But this guy deservs the critisism.
io wrote:Anywho, Germany was sooo much stronger than us. Just to congratulate them I guess.
Also true. Germany deserved to win the game either way, and rightfully did so.

And England just beat Ecuadore, in what might have been the most boring game of the event!
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Indeed. It'll be interesting to watch the next game with England. Or perhaps not, if they play the same way next time.