Please welcome

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Larsec wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:Haha :lol: I'm just waiting for the right moment, the dance scene is slightly dead though...:cry: especially in Denmark.
Maybe it's time to re-invent dance music, breathing new life into it :)
Im amsuming that was a joke Lars!!!! :wink:
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

Well the DANCE SCENE is still there but sales are already down the drain :cry: a DANCE SINGLE is now more a PROMOTION TOOL rather than something to earn money with! Anyway... a warm welcome to remix64.com

cheers
TOM::::..
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

tom wrote:Well the DANCE SCENE is still there but sales are already down the drain :cry: a DANCE SINGLE is now more a PROMOTION TOOL rather than something to earn money with! Anyway... a warm welcome to remix64.com

cheers
TOM::::..
Thanks!

Germany is one of the few markets where you actually can make some money on singles if you're lucky. Fees are extremely low in Germany though, a big factor is the sheer number of quality producers and bedroom producers willing to work for peanuts upfront because of the stiff competition and the general state of the market.

Did have quite a bit of luck with some of my previous singles (triple platinum and quadruple platinum respectively in Denmark alone), and sales in these quantities will break even and then some, but otherwise singles are definitely just promotional tools. "The Whistle Song" which I produced with DJ Aligator sold more than a million copies, and cost us next to nothing to make, although we did shoot two videos for it, so profit was not an issue.

So if you do have a massive hit and you don't use a lot of money on promotion otherwise, singles can earn money, but obviously albums and tons of compilations are the real earners royalty-wise.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Lagerfeldt wrote:And what is that thing on your head? A toy puppy?
Yup... His name is Buster and he's already kinda infamous around these parts :)
<--- I went that way --->
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

dan gillgrass wrote:
Larsec wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:Haha :lol: I'm just waiting for the right moment, the dance scene is slightly dead though...:cry: especially in Denmark.
Maybe it's time to re-invent dance music, breathing new life into it :)
Im amsuming that was a joke Lars!!!! :wink:
Actually...No, it's not a joke ;)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

CraigG wrote:
Larsec wrote:Maybe it's time to re-invent dance music, breathing new life into it :)
Check out Wire's latest album, Send, which is kind of hardcore heavy-metal dancefloor (or something). Very danceable, but also guitar-heavy and very _now_.

w: http://www.posteverything.com/wire
I'll look into it, thanx :)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Welcome to the world of remix64.... :D

btw. REAL great remix.... not my style but I love it.... :wink:

cheers 2Klang
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Hi mr. Lagerfeldt.

I used to wear your perfume, long time ago. Or that wasn't you? ;)
Anyway - great remix. Nice bounce, well produced and well, awesome!

I have a question for you: These days I hear a lot of "These days it's tough. It was better before. No money here, no money there." - Especially when it comes to audio-professionals like you and mr.Detert (whose name-tag I saw in Peter Sanden's kitchen last friday, but that's another story).

I also understand that the "entertainment industry" is full of people, all wanting a pice of that cake.

Back to my question: The IT-industry have had its "bubble", stock markets inflated and burst. What we see now, is this the entertainment-bubble about to burst? I mean, the price of a normal CD is waaaay beyond what I think reasonable. What is you opinion?

Artists themselves are always inflated "larger than life", autotuned, photoshopped and quantized - they don't look, perform or smell like human beings should.

What is your opinion, and - where is the next goldmine in the music business? Education?
Thomas Detert

Post by Thomas Detert »

(whose name-tag I saw in Peter Sanden's kitchen last friday, but that's another story).
Please tell me :lol:
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Hi mr. Lagerfeldt.
I used to wear your perfume, long time ago. Or that wasn't you? icon_wink.gif
Anyway - great remix. Nice bounce, well produced and well, awesome!

>Hi and thank you very much! I don't do perfumes though, maybe you're thinking of Lagerfeld? :-)

I have a question for you: These days I hear a lot of "These days it's tough. It was better before. No money here, no money there." - Especially when it comes to audio-professionals like you and mr.Detert (whose name-tag I saw in Peter Sanden's kitchen last friday, but that's another story).
I also understand that the "entertainment industry" is full of people, all wanting a pice of that cake.

Back to my question: The IT-industry have had its "bubble", stock markets inflated and burst. What we see now, is this the entertainment-bubble about to burst? I mean, the price of a normal CD is waaaay beyond what I think reasonable. What is you opinion?

>Well, the bubble's already burst in Denmark. CD sales are down 50% which like a small catastrophy. Only things getting released in Denmark right now is TV-concept bands like Popstars, etc. I have to agree that the CD prices shouldn't be more than 100 DKK for an album. As for the reason for the downturn, one problem is massive pirate copying and file sharing but to blame everything on that is not true.

Artists themselves are always inflated "larger than life", autotuned, photoshopped and quantized - they don't look, perform or smell like human beings should.

What is your opinion, and - where is the next goldmine in the music business? Education?

>Hmm, you have some valid points there.
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Lagerfeldt wrote:maybe you're thinking of Lagerfeld? :-)
Yes, I was. I loved that perfume until the day my mother bought as a gift it for my father! She thought it made him smell "younger", by stealing my scent. Grrr. Couldn't use that anymore :(
Lagerfeldt wrote:Well, the bubble's already burst in Denmark. CD sales are down 50%
Oh, I didn't know it was so bad already! Thanks for telling me! Two years ago, I heard that Popstars was a big CD-seller in Spain, "killing" serious artists. (As told to me by - believe it or not - a serious artist :wink: ). Nowadays, Sweden and Denmark got the same treatment, true also for the Eurovision song contest. In Sweden, the winner was nowhere near the best musician/songwriter, rather the ones most shown on TV, in "Fame-factory", where kids toy around with Cubase, now preparing for their summer tours... Beware! THEY ARE AFTER US... PINNING DOWN US SERIUOS ARTISTS, ONE AFTER ANOTHER... Me serious? No, not really! 8)
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Thomas Detert wrote:Please tell me :lol:
I will! We had a retro "watching our old C64-demos from 1987-1989"-party at his place. I was a member of Defiers, where also Peter Sanden was at that time. And "Comparing them with C64-demos made in 2000-2003". The result was that the newer "techno and industrial-style"-demos are much better looking - but nowhere near the fun we had writing scrolltexts and drawing _ugly_ graphics! :-D

So, in his kitchen, on the wall, was a white piece of paper with "T.DETERT" written in uppercase block letters. How much did he pay you to get hold of this? :lol: