Amiga Remix CD?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
AmiGamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Amiga Remix CD?

Post by AmiGamer »

Hi,
I just browsed the remix64.com - site and found the advertisement for the 2 CDs they brought out (http://www.remix64.com/remix64_cd.html)...
So I was wondering, has something like this ever been planned for the Amiga remixes?
Cheers,
AmiGamer
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You might want to visit http://www.c64audio.com (see white banner up there on the right?).

There are three Amiga Remix CDs, Immortals 1, 2 and 3. You can get good details at Jan Zottmann's site at http://www.amiga-immortal.com/

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Amiga Remix CD?

Post by tas »

AmiGamer wrote:Hi,
I just browsed the remix64.com - site and found the advertisement for the 2 CDs they brought out (http://www.remix64.com/remix64_cd.html)...
So I was wondering, has something like this ever been planned for the Amiga remixes?
Cheers,
AmiGamer
The two CD's brought out from remix64.com was intended to be a trillogy of CD's then that would have been that. Instead on the Third release I decided to take a gamble with the Atari ST scene. There was never a plan for an Amiga release mainly because Jan Zottman was doing an excellent job doing the Imortal series and because i hadn't the experience of the machine as much as the forementioned.

If your looking for something simular then you can't go wrong with the Imortal CD's; though they are more pure in a good way than the remix64 CD's which tried to be something a little different.
AmiGamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by AmiGamer »

Thanks for the info, this immortal thing sure is on my shopping list now ;)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Thanks again for the kind word, Neil! :D

Personally, I would love to see you return and do a third volume in the Remix64 series. I thought that Revival ST was a great production too, even though I'm not sure if it actually enough copies to justify a sequel... I feel it's getting harder to sell this stuff (probably music CDs in general) every day.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Jan Zottmann wrote:I would love to see you return and do a third volume in the Remix64 series
Seconded

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Thirded.

Not that the above is a word, but hey... :wink:

Actually, on the subject of remix CDs, the C64 CDs seem to have dried up of late... is there anything in the pipeline? I'm a fussy b*gger personally and tend to enjoy things that don't stray too far from the original source material. Therefore, whilst I respect Makke's offering (and Hazel's for that matter) and indeed Marcel's Sidologie, they're not really my bag.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

hoomish wrote:Thirded.

Not that the above is a word, but hey... :wink:

Actually, on the subject of remix CDs, the C64 CDs seem to have dried up of late... is there anything in the pipeline? I'm a fussy b*gger personally and tend to enjoy things that don't stray too far from the original source material. Therefore, whilst I respect Makke's offering (and Hazel's for that matter) and indeed Marcel's Sidologie, they're not really my bag.
Once I finally get the "Digital Album" bit of my website up and running, there will be a few "digital-only" albums, I'm sure. I'm not sure we'll see too many other physical albums though, since they're expensive to press, sell slowly, and take up a lot of loft space. Plus the community is so used to these CDs, the niche market is fragmented even further into people who look down on accurate renditions, and people who love them. When BITs 1 and 2 were the only game in town, it was a lot easier.

You could argue that the last CD to do straight covers of anything (and even then, not consistently) was Karma64 (Monty on the Run, Chimera and Delta Victory were pretty straight covers).

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Heh, well thanks for the nod guys but these days i hardly find time or interest with c64 stuff in general. Producing a third remix64 CD scares the living daylights out of me. It simply won't happen! Too much work, too much pressure too many arguments.

I built myself a little shack in the middle of the country side where i can smoke my pipe, drink a little fresh stream water and watch dan trying to catch flossy the sheep!

Simple, easy life! and free dental floss! ;)
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Naturally, I'm sorry to hear that (both of you), but I know where you're coming from. I used to think I had all the time in the world, but these days... well, you know what I mean, I'm sure (probably mor ethan me!)

Re. Karma 64 - IMHO, that WAS the last straight-cover CD, totally agree. And although it's not my fave, I still think that 5 or 6 tracks on there are OUTSTANDING. R64 Vols 1 & 2 are also wonderful CDs - in fact, it was very difficult to vote against BIT3, but R64 V1 just about takes top spot for me :)

@Chris - Digital albums would be very much welcomed, btw! At the risk of repeating myself, your remixes (taken as a whole) have always been my favourites, as they seem to remix the original SID in just the way I imagine it in my head... but don't let that go to yours :wink:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Well I always wanted to pull off R64 v3 on my own one day... who knows. ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Volunteers who are prepared to be thoroughly 80s, contact LMan now for L-Man Records latest smash groovy hit project!! Mullets optional, love essential :)

Chris
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

LOL! :lol:
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

tas wrote:Heh, well thanks for the nod guys but these days i hardly find time or interest with c64 stuff in general. Producing a third remix64 CD scares the living daylights out of me. It simply won't happen! Too much work, too much pressure too many arguments.

I built myself a little shack in the middle of the country side where i can smoke my pipe, drink a little fresh stream water and watch dan trying to catch flossy the sheep!

Simple, easy life! and free dental floss! ;)
Whats the bet when ur pissed up in manc next month I talk you into it ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

@Dan - you should take him to Rain Bar for a pint of 5 of (admittedly acquired taste!) Moon Raker :wink: