Top selling C64 CDs on iTunes

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Top selling C64 CDs on iTunes

Post by Chris Abbott »

Weird, but here's the ranking of sales figures on iTunes. Only IR made it into a three figure sum though... (in USD)

1) INSTANT REMEDY: Instant Remedy
2) CHRIS ABBOTT: Back in Time
3) REYN OUWEHAND: Galway Remixed
4) MARCEL DONNE: Sidologie
5) MARTIN GALWAY: Project Galway
6) MAKKE: It's Binary, Baby!
7) CHRIS ABBOTT: Back in Time 3
8) ORPHEUS: Crystal Dreamscapes
9) VARIOUS: Remix64
10) VARIOUS: Back in Time Live
11) REMIX64: Remix64 - Into Eternity
12) SLOW POISON: Karma64
13) VARIOUS: Back in Time II
14) REYN OUWEHAND: Nexus 6581-II
15) REYN OUWEHAND: Nexus 6581
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

How come Nexus is last?! Was it put on iTunes a lot later than the other CDs, or do people just not have a sense of taste at all?!

No disprespect to anyone involved with any of the other productions - I'm after all on that list as well - but it's just that Reyn kind of kicks our collective asses from here to high heaven every day of the week...no ass-kissing intended.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It did get on there very late: plus it's a different audience to the discerning multitudes round here :)
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Where is Instand Remedy now adays, would be cool to hear some new stuff from him :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Top selling C64 CDs on iTunes

Post by CreaMD »

Chris Abbott wrote:Weird, but here's the ranking of sales figures on iTunes. Only IR made it into a three figure sum though... (in USD)

1) INSTANT REMEDY: Instant Remedy
I don't wonder. Instant Remedy album is legendary. Even remix-scene-hatr like me knows and respects it ;-))) Yeah it's a cheap and straigtforward remixing, but that's the point. The album feels like it was done sincerely and without calculation.
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

2) CHRIS ABBOTT: Back in Time

BUUUUH - this list is rigged!!!! I knew it! :wink:

8) ORPHEUS: Crystal Dreamscapes

The eighth is quite cool tho :wink:

Last... who cares what sells - everyone has his own taste and knows in his heart what is cool (ok, sellers and artists care (ok, fans care too (ok, forget it right))).
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

After reading this, I fetched my Instand Remedy CD from the cupboard and am listening to it in the car on my way to work now.

Back then when I bought it and the stakes were still low, it was such an awesome album.

Now, years later, I'm seeing it with different eyes, or rather: hearing it with different ears. In the meantime, there have been much better remixes on RKO, but Instant Remedy is still a very, very great album, very classic! I especially like the Ghosts'n'Goblins version and Comic Bakery.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Shame the PPOT stuff isn't on there, really—I would have bought a few tracks of that.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

CraigG wrote:Shame the PPOT stuff isn't on there, really—I would have bought a few tracks of that.
I gave PPOT the details of CD Baby, but I don't know whether they've done anything about that yet...
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

We are reluctant to release LRR digitally and we still have plenty of RSRs, so... :)