New Remix Preview

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

New Remix Preview

Post by nada »

Hi there guys.

I've just uploaded a new remix to RKO and I thought of sharing it with you in advance, just to get some early feedback.

It's "Egg In Space" by Steve Barrett

You can listen to it here: <a href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/7/ ... .mp3">Nada - Egg In Space.mp3</a>

Feel free to comment. In fact, do comment please cos' I really need your feedback

Greetings

Nada
Hypocrisy Is The Vaseline Of Social Intercourse
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

that saxaphone playing is a bit of alright aint it, and it has a live feel to it which you seem to be quite the master of lately.

really impressed with the live sounding noises, not so much with the sid parts but you can excuse them because the rest of it sounds so bloody good.

expect an orange face from me mr nada :)
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

Many thanks for the review, Infamous!!!

To be quite honest, I wasn't intending to release the track before it was available on the remix.kwed.org page but I had been messing around with it for a while and I thought of making it available just to get some extra feedback.

Your opinion is invaluable, indeed
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

Oh, just to get some things right, I am not a sax player (I only pitch, cut'n'paste the saxes). I am a guitarist; yet, I never was into that "showing off" thing which unfortunately defines most guitar players. When I feel that a guitar part is useless (or even to the detriment of the overall tune), I simply don't use a guitar (which is I think quite evident in most of my tracks - well, I must admit that I have a sudden "guitar crush" lately, judging from the Paperboy and Ghouls Rocksteady tracks!).
I have to say that my equipment is Very limited...

I only have a PC with an onboard soundcard and a Les Paul with an old effect pedal device. That's it, actually... I don't even have a mic to record live... So, be gentle cos' limited equipment implies limited... quality (I am doing my best, believe me!!!)!

If any of you has some suggestions on how to set up a small home studio (along with information concerning the cost of the equipment), please feel free to share your opinions with me. I am a complete rookie. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Anyway, I should quit talking too much....

Thanks again....
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I'm sure there are guitar players here who can give you better advice. But what about getting something like this?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/JamLab-main.html

You can connect and record you're giutar to your PC via USB and use something like Amplitube.

http://www.stealthplug.com/Main.php?prod-SP.php
Amplitube:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

Wow, AnalogX, that's more than I expected!!! :shock:

I could use that "thingy" (as Homer Simpson would say) to record the guitar using the Amplitube plugin for adding effects but, my real problem is latency, 'cos I have only an onboard soundcard.

I was actually intending to ask about soundcards (prices, suitability etc)

Any suggestions concerning a proper soundcard?

(Oh, yes, sorry for not replying on time but I unfortunately do not have an internet connection at home, therefore I need to go to an Internet Cafe - those places are expensive!!!)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

If you take what Analog-X suggested (those little USB devices) you won't need a soundcard anymore. You just have to make sure that it works with ASIO 2.0 drivers and then you'll be able to record with a latency down to 4 ms or lower (depending on what specific hardware you use). Regarding stability the PCI soundcards are mostly a better choice compared to USB.
You can also go for a real soundcard and connect your guitar directly to the line input (signal level from guitar is a bit low for line inputs but the drivers will mostly allow to boost it before the virtual software input.) That's how I record all my electrical guitar tracks when not using an amp. But I'd ALWAYS prefer Guitar Rig 2 by Native Instruments before Ampltube. I hate all the HiGain and distortion stuff by Amplitube, it sounds very digital IMO, the Guitar Rig sounds are a lot smoother. But still nothing tops a real amp with a real cabinet and a real microphone.
My soundcard suggestion: Terratec Producer Phase 22. 2 I/Os, very good drivers (I got a stable 4 ms on a Celeron 1GHz), inexpensive.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/terratec_phase_22.htm
But there are also good alternatives by M-Audio.
The guitar specific Line6 devices are a good choice, too:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_toneport_ux1.htm
This comes already with an amp modeling software.
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

Cheers Romeo Knight! :D

I guess I'll give that Terratec a go.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I wonder when we'll see PCIe 2 soundcards, hehe.
MogBog
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MogBog »

:) like your tracks :)
Musikk er n0kkelen !
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

MogBog wrote::) like your tracks :)
Oh, many thanks my friend :oops: