Report from BIT 4 in Brighton ....

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

DVD available yet??? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hehe.. actually I'd also like to (amongst other things) say a big thanks to Rocky and the Tombstoners for their great MAME stall which indeed gave people a lot of variety on the day, and helped people care less about the unfortunately non-functional C64s that came for the gaming event (the person who was going to bring all the C64s had a personal crisis at the last minute and couldn't come).

Anyway, the MAME was a great thing for people to play on :)

Chris
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

Heh.

I didn't realise that the xgaming thing was effectively the compo and then didn't ask if I could play until after it had ended and they were giving out the "prizes" (heh - nice "blank" discs 8) )

Chris, I have been reading the stuff on here about Rob and I completely agree with you - hello everyone, Rob DOESNT DO GIGS - EVER.

This was truly a one off and I didn't care if he was completely doing his own thing. Did these people get up at the end and mosh like mad to Auf Wiedersehen Monty and Monty on the Run? (Ok Masters of Magic wasn't quite so tops but between those two goliaths, nothing was going to be).
I guess not.

This is now the official closure of my hero worship I have had of one man since I was a 10 year old. Mr Hubbard. God.

(However, the others - Galway, Cooksey (playing his snippets of tunes on the neck- strapped keyboard.

Shame about Jeff....

Great to see Mr Nicol again. Hope his new venture takes off.

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one drunk there - thats all I can say. I hope I don't make the DVD footage moshing like a nut at the end.

Si
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Rob DOESNT DO GIGS - EVER.
Er... actually he does as his "day job", but not gigs of his own work, and he's not usually the main attraction.

He probably won't do _this_ again, which is of course the point! :)

Chris
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

hmmm

been looking at the http://www.xgaming.co.uk/ site - weren't they going for £69.99 on the day ;) I've love to get one. hmm, I sense a bit of advertising coming on here..... :lol:

Its a top machine, albeit large, it has to be. Very genuine bit of kit.
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

Chris

sorry, ROB DOESNT DO C64 GIGS EVER

I didn't mean his "normal" stuff.
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

Chris

sorry, ROB DOESNT DO C64 GIGS EVER

I didn't mean his "normal" stuff.
StudioX64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

I have to say this else I will burst!

Post by StudioX64 »

I have to say this else I will surely burst! Thanks to the select few people who I am guessing were heavily under the influence of alcohol. I felt very uncomfortable during the latter part of Hubbards performance. They seemed to be under the misaprehension that the best way of showing their respect to such a mighty man, is by continuously talking throughout his performance.

They seemed to expect Rob to not only have the full scores to EVERY track he ever made from more than 15 years ago, but also expected him to be able to play them without making any mistakes. The poor guys fingers were nearly falling off during some of the tracks.

Clearly Rob is a very talented pianist, which he showed us by playing some of his classical music. He was incredibly brave being on stage, I would have liked to have seen some of the hecklers try entertaining a large group of people like last night for more than 30 seconds. As Chris said earlier, we were incredibly lucky to even see Rob at the show, and frankly some of the heckles he received I am suprised he didn't just walk off the stage.

As for the lack of some C64 true classics, I refer to my point earlier regarding the scores. Try writing a couple of sentences on a piece of paper now, put them away somewhere, then in 15 years time try finding them!

Chris, it was a really great night. Both myself and Wife enjoyed ourselves inmmensly and were glad to have been a part of it. Big thanks to everyone involved in the setup and running of the day, and to Pete for all his help.

PK [StudioX64]

I edited this post, as I didn't want myself to come across as some pompus git who couldn't tell the difference between types of heckling.
Last edited by StudioX64 on 14/09/2003 - 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

A few bits of it were stupid, though I do think for the most part a lot of it was tongue in cheek, especially the pantomime booing of the non C64 works. Well that's the impression I kind of got, as everyone was still applauding after he finished every piece now...
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

MMMM

Who did win the breakdance dance compo?
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
'Emphyrian'

Post by 'Emphyrian' »

What happened to Mr Minter in the end?

I remember someone saying something on Friday at the pub but my self and my friend got kinda distroyed.

Some kind person handed my phone to the police which was surprising!
Load "Master of Puppets"
edit
Load "Master of Magic"
Press play on tape!
--------------------------------
'MayheM' on Lemon64.com
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Thanks a lot, Chris!

You organized an event I will look back excited for the rest of my life. Wow, S.I.T.E. has blown me away! Imagine, they met on Friday for the 1st time and just played a couple of hours together...To me it sounds like they are playing something like their 50. anniversary-tour...who the f**k are the Rolling Stones? :wink:

Man, I think I'll need some dayz to get my mind in the right order, everything was wonderful...except the snoaring-godfather I had to stay with for 2 sleepless nights... :wink:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
gazl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gazl »

'Emphyrian' wrote:What happened to Mr Minter in the end?
I think he had a mate visiting and a bit of work pressure so couldn't make it :( Never mind, it was still excellent :)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Bloody amazing, is all I can say.

Who cares what Rob played? He got up, on a stage, for us and played his heart out - it was a privelge, and a pleasure. Begone, churl.

The entire event was grand fun - against, as ever, all odds. As ever, the Curse of Commodore was everywhere to be seen, and as ever Chris and his team kept kicking the foul shade in the goolies to make it all work.

I hurt *all over*... but wow. I danced like a mad bastard, completely swept away with the Ubergroup's Montyness. I just couldn't help myself - and that's a rare and wonderous thing.

Wow. Just - wow.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Just to say I'm in no way ignoring the other boys - PPOT put on a damned polished and (as ever) really good fun set, the bunch of lovely nutcases that they are - madfiddler triggered every tricolour-tinged Irish gene in my with his bow, Ben is just, like, Ben - stick a thousand feet of tape in the camera, and let 'im rip :) S.I.T.E. is teh rock. Yay.

Damme, I hurt :)

Big Love.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk