Looking for acctual mod or midi files of turrican

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
kola

Looking for acctual mod or midi files of turrican

Post by kola »

Hi everyone,

Im brand new to the idea of remixing amiga tunes but have been into music technology since the late 80's.
Still to date I regard one of the best pieces of music to be the soundtrack to the first Turrican. I know many prefer the second but for me the first is far better.
Id say this soundtrack is up there with other synth great such as Oxygene etc. To me its THAT good.

Not for commercial gain or any other reasons than my own pleasure and others who may be interested I would like to have a go at remixing or some of the original tracks from the original amiga turrican.

I still have my amiga set up to this day so mod files would be fine. Better would be midi files for cubase on the atari or PC is it has to be on the PC.

If its relevant I ony use hardware equipment. IE no soft synths etc. Dont know if this matters to files etc I would need.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of where I can find these files or if they even exist. It will save me a load of time playing by ear and re creating.

Many thanks :cheers:

Kola
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Looking for acctual mod or midi files of turrican

Post by FFRenzy »

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
kola

Post by kola »

Hi, link appreciated. Will they load into my Amiga 1200?

I found a few files in TFX format. Is this any good for what I need as there superbly organized?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

If you're lucky you may find that your Action Replay can save the music as MIDI from a game.

Failing that, you may wish to compromise by downloading the SID file for the 64 version and run it through SID2MIDI.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... q=sid2midi
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

FFRenzy wrote:Here are some mods for turrican : http://modarchive.org/index.php?query=t ... _songtitle
Thats an interesting link! I'd like to branch out into Amiga tunes. How do I get to hear the mod files? Can I load them into an Amiga emulator or do I need to convert them to an Amiga disk and play them in a Tracker program if so how do I do that?