This guy needs help....

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

This guy needs help....

Post by ifadeo »

i've got yesterday this mail....:

Hi,
I saw that you have been uploading some cool remixes to remix.kwed.org, so you can probalbly help me. I did a remix too and want to upload it to this page, but it won't work. the script always tells me that the stated filename does differ from the file name, but I have tried every possible name. the admin won't answer me as well =(
i also tried changing the bit rate and everything else is also done as recommended.
do you have an idea why this does not work ? or could you even upload my song when I give you the link and the info ? please answer me ;)

cheers, jörg

i've told him i will post it here at the forum, where so many friendly ppl can maybe help....:wink:

btw. i also told him, that jan if he got the time replies on mails....

cheers 2Klang
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: This guy needs help....

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

2Klang wrote: the script always tells me that the stated filename does differ from the file name, but I have tried every possible name. the admin won't answer me as well =(
i also tried changing the bit rate and everything else is also done as recommended.

i've told him i will post it here at the forum, where so many friendly ppl can maybe help....:wink:

btw. i also told him, that jan if he got the time replies on mails....
Warning: Technical stuff ahead: The "dffers from stated filename" error message pops up if the file in question hasn't been uploaded via the HTTP POST method. This check ( http://dk.php.net/manual/en/function.is ... d-file.php ) is added to make sure that people don't try to trick the upload script into processing a file that was already on the server (like /etc/password). There have been hacking attempts made in the past, so these measures are necessary.

Jörg did e-mail me about a month back, but never supplied any additional information (like OS version, browser version or filename) so I had nothing to go on. And since I never heard from him again I assumed he had fixed the problem himself. Since he still has it I'm assuming that it's caused by a buggy HTTP POST implementation in whatever browser he's using.

And yes, I do try to reply to all e-mail. Obviously there's bound to be the odd miss here and there - opposed to what Bog thinks, I'm only human. :D
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

yep, a friendly human... :wink:

cheers 2Klang
Eiswuxe

Post by Eiswuxe »

First of all, I'm sorry that I caused so much confusion :roll:
Yes I mailed to Jan, and he answered me, but I could not fix my problem, so I forgot about my song and did other things. some days ago I thought "hell, I wanted to upload this song, why haven't I done this yet ?" and then I remembered ... yeah, there was a problem :D
so i tried again and mailed 2klang and so on .... well, I am definitiely not trying to hack the server or anything like this. I just want that damn tune to be listened to and to be reviewed 8)

So I am using IE 6.0 and windows xp pro version, and I don't think that there is already a file with that name online. I also tried opera 6 ... but it won't work either.
Well, hmm ... yeah I tried opera BEFORE the IE .... perhaps opera has caused an error but created a file with the name .... and when I try it via IE, the buggy file created by opera still exists .... dunno

Jan, could you check if there is a song called "eiswuxe - california games mix" on your server and delete it ? This would be cool.
If you dont find one, ... hmm, tell me what to do :oops:
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

i've also use winxp pro/sp1 and IE 6.0.2, there where no problems as i uploaded my latest remix.... :roll:

do you have sp1 installed ???

btw. it's better to get in touch with jan about R:K:O:directly...

cheers 2Klang