Soundcard recommendation ???

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Soundcard recommendation ???

Post by NecroPolo »

$300 budget? LOTS of more options 8)

Of course, if your intention is to spend all the stockpiled munny for an audio interface ;)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

NecroPolo wrote:$300 budget? LOTS of more options 8)

Of course, if your intention is to spend all the stockpiled munny for an audio interface ;)
I dont want to spend more than $220 on an audio interface :) I dont know why $220 but that seems to be a good number as any.

The rest of the money I'm going to save for something else.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

God, I so didn't want to do this but........bump!
After reading all of the advice here, I still find myself with an issue. The cards recommended here either have major Windows 7 64bit driver issues, or are end of line (as per Analogs findings too) or have latency issues (Xonar). I good solid USB card with pre-amps for mics and guitar and excellent latency....and I'm upping my budget too - seems I have little choice....again - huge apologies for asking again, but the Win 7 market seems to be poorly catered for at this moment in time...or is it just me?
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

Install a good old 32-bit XP SP2 or 3 in a multi-OS boot fashion, and your headache is over ;)

We've tested all the WIN versions in my job with audio production purposes in mind. Vista (overloads the machine) and 7 (driver and sequencer program problems) performed not nearly on the level of good old 32-bit XP, it was the only one that did not have odd issues. Well, it did, but the "normal" Windows odd issues occassionally that some can live with ;)