Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Dr.Future » 14/01/2019 - 6:54

Welcome, Tobias!
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!

equalypse

Post by equalypse » 21/02/2019 - 19:04

Hello!

I am 46 old self trained musician from Poland. I make music for pleasure since Amiga times. Love c64 and Amiga music :)

Today i use a lot of software only, my main setup is a pc with cubase and reason, also ni komplete 11 and arturia collection.
I dont post link to my site because it is in polish language, but have profile on Jamendo. Soon i will post my c64 song remix (now it is only on Soundcloud).

I will write from time to time, great site you have here!
Cheers
Dominik

Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- » 23/02/2019 - 21:55

Welcome equalypse!

Aknotronic

Post by Aknotronic » 26/02/2019 - 12:07

I’m not sure why I haven’t done this before, so I guess that now is as good a time as any.

When I was a kid there was a couple of older boys living across the street in the small city I lived in who had an Amiga 500. I would go and visit them as often as I could as I were fascinated by it, especially the games. I bought my own Amiga (600) back in 1992 (at age 12) after earning the money by delivering newspapers for a couple of years (being a paperboy did not make you rich). I “borrowed” all the stuff from the boys across the street and more or less locked myself up in my room for the next couple of years exploring the content and sucking the disks dry. That is where I got familiar with Pro Tracker, which was basically my first DAW if you can even call it that. I later bought a XP-60 Roland Workstation and a MC-505 which I had some great fun with. But Hardware is really expensive. So, I looked into a Tracker for the PC, but found a sequencer called Fruity Loops 3 which I bought very cheap. What I didn’t really notice was that It included life time upgrades, so today I’m using FL Studio 20. Properly been the best purchase I have ever made. VST’s and samples opened up a whole new world of possibilities (and made making music affordable as a hobby). As I got older the tunes from the Amiga days always stuck with me, and when I found out that there was a whole community (amigaremix.com) based on this I got intrigued, and after listening to a lot of cool remixes I couldn’t help myself. I simply had to play around with this concept. I Joined in 2010 and still coming by quite often in hopes of seeing/listening to new exiting releases.

Well that was a quick summarization of my "Amiga" life😉. Here come the cool facts. I’m 38 years old, from Denmark and live with my wife and our two kids. I’m a full-time computer nerd with a good job. I still love computer games and of cause still make music when time allows.
I look forward to listening to all the new music being shared here, and to relive some of my fondest memories from back when I was sealed in my room with my Amiga 😊 (The good old days). Keep up the remixing!

Peace out.

/Aknotronic

Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper » 27/02/2019 - 9:55

Welcome Aknotronic.

rmk15286

Post by rmk15286 » 26/03/2019 - 21:06

Hi, my name is Keith. It`s been a while since i have been here but i am in in the proccess of getting my original Amiga A500 and Amiga A1200 operational again. Amiga A1200 is running great running Workbench 3.1.4 (current), but i really want my Amiga A500 working again as i have an Action Replay MK III which i used all the time. I also found my AMOS amiga game i made in 1996/97 called Watch Your Step. It`s lame but it`s the only game i ever made back then. I have an .ADF if enyone interested. I tried PM`ing - Email`ing a musician on this site but got a "Something went wrong" error, not sure if it`s because i`m new?

Chris Abbott
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Chris Abbott » 27/03/2019 - 22:47

Hi Keith, not sure why you'd get that error. but things going wrong is pretty much par for the course for life ATM... ;-)

Welcome anyway.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?