Plugin for Winamp?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Plugin for Winamp?

Post by GeckoYamori »

I've had enough with DeliPlayer constantly stealing my file associations, so I deleted it. I'd feel more comfortable playing Amiga rips using Winamp. Can someone link me to a plugin capable of this?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I use deliplayer, i dont have any issues with file associations.. and if u do, just go into TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > FILE TYPES - and set em back - easy !!
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

You can never quite replace DeliPlayer in supported formats. But there are a couple WinAmp plugins that are good to have. Unfortunatly, you'll have to look the links up yourself...cus that's nothing I have memorized.

TFMXPlay Plugin - For TFMX, logically. ;)

SurfSmurf's oldsk00l MOD player - For a number of old formats, like FC4.

Modplug Sound System Input Plugin - For a number of old formats, like 669, but also to get better XM play back. (though I prefer XMPlay for that)
ProgZmax

Post by ProgZmax »

This should do, and then some.

http://support.xmplay.com/Plugins_input.html

The only problem I've caught (well actually Paul noticed it first) is that the amiga format player seems to skip the first song in the music sets altogether. You cannot access it from the file info either. Other than that it plays most of the amiga rips better (imo) than deliplayer does.
Do the monkey!
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Wow excellent stuff!

I would give anything to get rid of DeliPlayer, the designer of the GUI is definitely on my shit-list. It always messes up, and nomatter where you press you're sure to hit some damn function even if all you wanted to do is move it (as some of you might have heard when I use it live on SLAY radio).