Blood Money and more?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
BrutalDeluxe

Blood Money and more?

Post by BrutalDeluxe »

Hello,

Damn theres some nice remixes out there. But...

Where are da remixes/remakes of GODS, Xenon II (its a mega blast), Blood Net, Blood Money

and Shadow of the beast death screen music...

I could go on, but I`ll save the rest for next time..

I have all of the both in tracker formats mods/med etc

Czya
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Imho GODS is tough stuff to remix because its magic works through voice samples that dominate the whole tune. Take them away and *PUFF* here goes the tune. Use them and a remix would be like an anhanced version of the original rather than a remix. Recording new vocals might do the job but could easily ruin the feeling. A REALLY TOUGH job. Let's hope for a genius to do it.
All is lost.
BrutalDeluxe

Post by BrutalDeluxe »

Hello,

If just listened to the original again.. and I see what you mean.

But what about Bloody Money and Xenon II...?
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Xenon II = Bomb The Bass
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Alexander Prievert has made a pretty cool remix of Blood Money.

http://www.ocremix.org/detailgame.php?gameid=41

Hmm, the site appears to have changed design. Much better now.

There's one more remix by THC Flatline, that's actually pretty cool as well, allthough not very close to the original but very energized. (And if you want more stuff like that, then check out Rastan Saga also by THC Flatline.)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

yeah i think if GODS were ever to succeed remixed, it'd take a bit of cash spending on real vocals or some one who's exceptionally talented and can manipulate from vocal sample CD's.

Ofcourse there's always the option of taking the original samples, cleaning them up and manipulating them.

it's a lot of hard work, and a long hard job. Doubt many would tackle it let alone succeed. Might be an option for Jan Zottman tho on the Immortal CD's, where the time and effort is justified.

Xennon 2, is Bomb the bass and lets face it, if you want to hear a better version of xennon 2 then go and listen to bomb the bass.

Blood money, i think if memory serves me right, there's samples in that from Harry enfield. (correct me if i'm wrong).

Neil
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

In fact, I can reveal now that both "Blood Money" (arranged by Ray Norrish himself) AND "Gods" will indeed be featured on the upcoming "Immortal 3" album! :D Working with the original samples from the Nation 12 master wasn't really an option, since this is a commercial production... so we ended up recording completely new vocals for the new version - it's gonna be interesting to see if fans of the original track will like it or hate it.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

now, did you read my mind ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

ive had gods on the backburner since sometime last year.. main track is all finished but predictably the main vocally section kind of stumped me.

If i ever find time again ever to even scratch my arse maybe ill have a look at it again or maybe not.. tought tune.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

inf, i think you've tackled 99% of tunes out there at some point, finished and not finished ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hehe.. i like to try my luck with everything.. and ill finish the majority of them.

since my hd crash that totally wiped everything musical, ive not actually done many tunes.. ive got my old old tunes left (gods, kid chaos etc).. and ill finish them one day but at the sec ive got far more pressing matters that need adressing.. and anyway im enjoying what im doing at the sec far more :-).. n thats the name of the game innit.
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

Imho GODS is tough stuff to remix because its magic works through voice samples that dominate the whole tune. Take them away and *PUFF* here goes the tune. Use them and a remix would be like an anhanced version of the original rather than a remix. Recording new vocals might do the job but could easily ruin the feeling. A REALLY TOUGH job. Let's hope for a genius to do it.
Hehe...

It's possible to do it. I allready finished the Gods Remix.
Watch out soon on amigaremix.com... I'll upload it.

cheers,
Daxx

Ps: Xenon II Remix is ready too... ;-)