Converting .prg to .sid? Please help, if you can...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
lightbomb

Converting .prg to .sid? Please help, if you can...

Post by lightbomb »

My overall aim, here, is to play out pretracked SID commands to my Elektron Sidstation. MIDI is out of the question, really, since you can only address the sidstation on one MIDI channel through sequencers/trackers, but the aSID application from the Elektron website can play out a .sid file to the sidstation, using each of the oscillators separately - ie addressing the machine on three separate MIDI channels, one for each oscillator!

Now I can't understand why Elektron don't update the machine's OS to enable this, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

So my options are as follows: I can emulate the C64 in windows and write a .bin or .prg file (unless someone knows of a tracker that will write .sid?) or I can use GoatTracker which, as far as I can see, only writes to .bin or .prg. Ideal, then, would be a prg2sid converter - one exists, but all links are down and I can't find the zip ANYWHERE!

Can anyone think of a way around this problem? Basically, aSID will *only* play .sid files, and I'm keen to write out SID versions of all my own compositions, so I need an easy way to write .sids or convert .prgs to .sids...

Cheers...
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Sid Edit is the tool you need (iirc) to convert .prg to .sid

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
lightbomb

Post by lightbomb »

Thank you, sir:)