Hi there, Can anyone help me?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Fizzweeoo

Hi there, Can anyone help me?

Post by Fizzweeoo »

Hi there,

A big hello to everyone here, this is my first post!! :D

I'm really new into this sort of thing, I've mixed my own tracks before, but after stumbling upon this site and hearing some tracks, I became very interested in making my own remixes....

I was just wondering how I go about it, I've read a dew this on this board, but I've become no clearer on it.

I've got Cubase, Reason (with which I'm still very much a beginner using) and I have ACID Pro, which I can use quite competently.

Are there any tips or can anyone help me get started....

Cheers

Paul!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

At its basic simple basic simple basics, it's:

1) Pick tune
2) Learn tune
3) Play tune
4) Release.

There's nothing extra special about the process, except you have to learn someone else's tune.

If possible, pick a tune which inspires you which not many other people have done.

Er, did you want to know anything more specific?

Chris
Fizzweeoo

Post by Fizzweeoo »

:oops:
Well I had converted SID to MIDI and tried to use it in Reason and Cubase, but couldn't hear any sound from it at all?

Don't know why...

As I say, I'm new to this and just wanted a general idea.

Unforunately I don't really play much instruments except guitar (badly)
I can use Acid Pro to make remixes and have done some good (remixed) pop songs...

I was kind of looking into using my computer to remix the stuff.

Like converting it to Midi and fooling about with the track.....

I'm sorry if it's all too vague at the moment....

As I say, I'm really new to this and just wondered the easiest option....

A prime example... in Acid pro, taking a sample and making it into a song, pretty much on a drag and drop, cut paste and what have you....

is there a way of doing it like this???

Paul!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

When I said "play them", I was as much referring to "realise with your computer through sound" as "sit down and play an instrument", though it doesn't read like that :)

I think you just need to fool around some more with the technology to become comfortable with your equipment: Sid remixing is hard because the tunes are very intricate. Email me privately (chris AT c64audio.com) and I'll send you a MIDI snippet or two to load into Cubase and Reason: then you can study them.

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

HOOTS MON!! Yet another scot to the ranks...

Welcome young man!
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Fizzweeoo, seems like you need to know you equipment better just as Chris says. I think simple 101 tutorials on how Reason and QB works is the way to go---saying that you can't get them to play any sound does give me the hint that you don't know them (at all). Tutorials should be out there on the 'net. Neither of them are easy tools to use, and it takes a looong time to know them so well that you can get what you want instead of what a conjunction of preset sounds offer. As in: It is easy to create boxes and spheres in computer graphics but an animated human face is something much more complicated and takes years to learn to do properly... but... since everybody starts out doing spheres and cubes hang in there, get to know your tools and work your way all to the top :)
Fizzweeoo

Post by Fizzweeoo »

Fizzweeoo, seems like you need to know you equipment better just as Chris says. I think simple 101 tutorials on how Reason and QB works is the way to go---saying that you can't get them to play any sound does give me the hint that you don't know them (at all).

Thats very true.... I did say I was an absolute beginner, these programs are very new to me. :)

I can do mixing and create tunes in Acid Pro.... but I wanted to do so much more............. :lol:

PS... Hi Subzero.....fit like?