State Of The Art

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Sea Green

State Of The Art

Post by Sea Green »

Hi All,

I am new to the c64/miggy remix area, have downloaded some truly excelent modern version of my favs when I was a kid! Found they are really great as mp3 ringtones aswell!

Anyway, I have Jesus on E's & Nine Fingers remixes, just wondered in there is a 'Start Of The Art' remix around? If so can someone please point me in the right direction!

Cheers,
Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hi seagreen,

Cant really help you, maybe someone else knows... but welcome to r64 :)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

skitz did 9 fingers pretty damn well but the sites down at the second so its not really possible to get hold of it at the second.

the state of the art tune (condom corruption).. dont think anyones tackled that one yet.. its a pretty complex little dance tune.. but im sure someone will cater for you eventually.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Isnt there a remix Kenz did on the Bitlive Companion DVD ?
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

I did a remix of the actual demo (I cut together footage of State of the Art and 9fingers) and then synched it all to a cool SLL remix that Boz did ... I can put the mpeg back online if ya want it. :)

Edit: Mpeg video now uploaded - HERE IT IS! (17.5mb)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

To think that Sten's music, Bouff and a broken finger (the coder of "9 fingers" temporarily only had 9 fingers available while writing the demo)was to be combined so many years afterwards... ;) I never catched it at BITlive, though... :-/

State of the Art still is, for me, a great demo---if not the greatest on the Amiga... was at The Party in 1992 when it was released... the crowd was stunned, I tell you...
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

I did attempt to remix Condom Corruption to complete the set but this one will be even more difficult to "remix" using different sounds than Nine Fingers. On that I used many of the original 8-bit samples and just enhanced them with additional FX or SoftSynths to hide the fact they were low quality samples - I was lucky because I found an identical drumloop to what was used on the original MOD which hides a lot of things (compression is great!).

The drumloop is actually the same but further in the background on the MOD and you notice the thumping "Technotronix" bass most of all. One day I might try and replicate what I did with Nine Fingers - but Travolta's heavy use of Tracker tricks might not translate easy - plus I would need to use a lot of the 8-bit samples, especially the sample #29 loop
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

beyond wrote:To think that Sten's music, Bouff and a broken finger (the coder of "9 fingers" temporarily only had 9 fingers available while writing the demo)was to be combined so many years afterwards... ;) I never catched it at BITlive, though... :-/

State of the Art still is, for me, a great demo---if not the greatest on the Amiga... was at The Party in 1992 when it was released... the crowd was stunned, I tell you...
Heh, I forgot Bouff was in the video (in her pants) ...

(Hey, where did all those downloaders come from?!) ;)

You were THERE when it was released? COOL! SOTA is still one of my very fave Amiga demos to this day. :)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net