Z-Show idea for Slaygon

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Z-Show idea for Slaygon

Post by Kenz »

Something Tas said about not being able to catch weekend shows gave me a lil' idea. Would it be possible to re-run our Sunday Z-Show one night in the week for people who missed it?

I know the shows are now available as downloads but for people who don't use BitTorrent it might give them a chance to catch the show ... Maybe on Monday night so it doesn't interfere with any live shows that go out later in the week?

Anyway, it was just a thought. :)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Kenz.... your magic :)

good idea
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Z-Show idea for Slaygon

Post by Slaygon »

Kenz wrote:Something Tas said about not being able to catch weekend shows gave me a lil' idea. Would it be possible to re-run our Sunday Z-Show one night in the week for people who missed it?

I know the shows are now available as downloads but for people who don't use BitTorrent it might give them a chance to catch the show ... Maybe on Monday night so it doesn't interfere with any live shows that go out later in the week?

Anyway, it was just a thought. :)
This is actually one the reasons I've always recorded shows.
I'll look into this.

Thanks for reminding me! =)
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

No worries! :D

We could call the repeat "The Z-Show Reloaded" or something. 8)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Kenz wrote:No worries! :D

We could call the repeat "The Z-Show Reloaded" or something. 8)
Speaking of calling shows something - I will try to find the time and energy this weekend to allow you to edit the Z Show names in the tracker!
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

Ok so this may have been asked/tried before ....

What about a special (perhaps once a month) where the show is about a remixer? Interviewing the remixer and playing some of their mixes. Personally i'd be interested in hearing how some people got started doing this and some tricks of the trade.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I always had ideas in this direction: I think it's more of a documentary type thing than a natural Z show idea, since the Z show is all about requests, a live connection with the listenership, and a sense of "anything can happen". It might still. I know something you don't... :-P

Chris
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Driller wrote:What about a special (perhaps once a month) where the show is about a remixer? Interviewing the remixer and playing some of their mixes. Personally i'd be interested in hearing how some people got started doing this and some tricks of the trade.
I did a half hour special on Larsec for one of the first Whatever You Want To Call It Show's. Did an interview over Skype etc. (and a short interview with Yodelking as well)

Turned out pretty good, and I've really wanted to do more of that...just been a bit lazy, or rather strapped for time because it takes a bit of time to prepare and stuff like that.

Anyway, it's a good idea and should really be explored more, and there are a few guys I'd really love to hear/do an interview with.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Chris Abbott wrote:I always had ideas in this direction: I think it's more of a documentary type thing than a natural Z show idea, since the Z show is all about requests, a live connection with the listenership, and a sense of "anything can happen". It might still. I know something you don't... :-P
<maniacal giggling>
I feel like I could ... TAKE ON THE WORLD!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> I feel like I could ... TAKE ON THE WORLD!
That's SO a Day of the Tentacle moment...

* happy sigh remembering game *
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

Chris Abbott wrote:That's SO a Day of the Tentacle moment...

* happy sigh remembering game *
That was a brilliant, brilliant game. I still play it about once a year, just to relive those days. *sighs nostalgically*