BEWARE - Dumpers First Remix

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

BEWARE - Dumpers First Remix

Post by Dumper »

After listening to so many remixes over the last few years i decided to try and have ago myself :shock: . I've always liked Jeroen Tel's 2000 AD and i don't think there are any remixes of this. So have a listen and let me know what you think, please keep your comments musically basic because i have next to no musical knowledge whatsoever as you will probablly be able to tell after listening to this :lol: .

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/dum ... 2000AD.zip
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Not bad for a first attempt.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Thanks Merman, could you do me a favour and stop beating me in Tas's quiz :lol:

Oh and i just noticed, iv'e listened to the tune for ages and it's 2400AD not 2000AD as i put before. :oops:
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

for a 1st attempt this is an eye opener, no doubt about that.
the synths are nice and clear.. though maybe just a little over reverbed, bringing the main synth closer to the front end of the rest of the sound would be an advantage and certianly make the tune sound more "solid".

the minimalistic drumming work's just fine.. its a tiny little bit lost among the synths but that doesnt really matter seeing as its near enough non comprehensible anyway... overall definitely for a 1st go you should keep going cos you show alot of potential.

musical enough m8? hehe.
devilhood
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by devilhood »

dumper, this is pretty good for a first attempt, the only thing I would change is the reverb or delay on the synth, bring it back and quantize the beginning section so that it doesn't lose timing with the drum pattern.

keep making mixes!
Pawel Osmolski - music portfolio

SoundCloud - all sorts

Bandcamp - digital releases
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Thanks for the advice Infy & Devilhood, now i will have a good look at what to remix next.