The new Paperboy Remix

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

The new Paperboy Remix

Post by nada »

You can find it here: http://www.remix64.com/tune_321200.html

Hi there. I was on vacation, only to come back and see that my remix was uploaded and received nice reviews. Here are a few notes on the way it was conceived and written. Many thanks to anyone who had the time to review it.

The only guitar style I can play efficiently is that in the likes of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks, Gene Bertoncini etc, that is, jazz guitarists who recorded for Blue Note records. That's my style, along with hammond organ, brass and funky drums.

When I listened to the Paperboy Sid, I felt that it would be a great opportunity to make a remix on that "soul-jazz, hammond grooves" style.

I simply used my Gibson Les Paul to play all guitar and bass parts(!) and some drum sounds from a real drummer.

And, dear DJ Skitz, no, I haven't been inspired by Moog's remixes (very nice music made by Moog, now that I heard it). Sorry but that was NOT my inspiration. The actual track that inspired me to do this remix was Billy Butler's "The Twang Thang" (listen to it and you'll see what I mean :wink:)

Oh, and please drop an ear to Mythril Nazgul's version of Paperboy. Nice one.

Enjoy 8)
Hypocrisy Is The Vaseline Of Social Intercourse