Aaaaargh! Damn you Romeo Knight!

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Aaaaargh! Damn you Romeo Knight!

Post by Kenz »

You are a BAD MAN Mr Romeo Knight ... Your suggestion of a track for the remastered CD edition of the Binary Zone 'Amiga PD Music Mix 1' compilation has resulted in a tune I cannot get out of my brain!! :D

And now I must share the torture with everyone - listen to this goddamn fantastic beat:

Download CD Preview Linky

And that is 100% pure Amiga mod recorded from a REAL Amiga!

I love this scene! :D
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
onlineamiga
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by onlineamiga »

nice mod, cant say its stuck in my head though. It has some great sounds tho. Where do i get this cd from then ? :)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Re: Aaaaargh! Damn you Romeo Knight!

Post by Romeo Knight »

Kenz wrote:...has resulted in a tune I cannot get out of my brain!! :D
And do you know what's the best about this?
I did it on purpose! 8)
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Romeo Knight wrote:And do you know what's the best about this?
I did it on purpose! 8)
"Whyyyy I outta ..." *shakes fist*

:wink:

I'll post a bit more info about the CD when I get home tonight as it's a nice lil' project which has turned out slightly better than expected.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

It is an addictive tune. :)

Now while we are damning Romeo...can I damn Hazel for Art and Music Compo 3. I've been listening to it in a loop for the past 2-3 hours.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Squirrley »

I first heard this tune when i used the 'jump to end sequence' cheat on Dynablaster on WinUAE.After hearing the title and in-game music on the game, i wasn't expecting this type of tune :) It didn't even have your name in the credits,Mr Romeo Knight,if i remember right.
It might be an old tune of yours but its a flippin' good one :)
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

oh YeaH! Can't find it in my collection of Romeo Knight tunes. Can I get thi tune somewhere? (I don't know much about amiga mods anyway so if this is some major hit that everyone knows, excuse my ignorance.)
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Squirrley wrote:It didn't even have your name in the credits,Mr Romeo Knight,if i remember right.
It was inside the booklet of the game at least.
CreaMD wrote: Can I get thi tune somewhere?
Try clicking the flamy fish below. :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Romeo Knight wrote: Try clicking the flamy fish below. :)
That was an Evil Link.

I just bought MindCandy Volume 2 :) But the cool thing is, there was a Canadian Reseller. So I dont have to pay $1,000,000 in Shipping and Doody Fees. :) Yes I said Doody!! :)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

heh never realised you did that tune for dynablaster romeo :o ive got a remix of it somewere that i did, might have to dredge it up give it a slap and whack it up on the amiga site.

one of my all time favorite amiga mods AND also one of the 1st sets of sample's that i had floating about on my amiga years and years ago so in all technicality romeo its your influence that brought me here.. weird how the world works in circles eh :D
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

Romeo Knight wrote:
CreaMD wrote: Can I get thi tune somewhere?
Try clicking the flamy fish below. :)
Tanks yo! ;-)
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Here's the waffle I just typed for the CD web-page ... the CD will be available shortly, I just need to finish off recording the bonus tracks for CD2:

In 1996 Binary Zone released 'The Amiga PD Music Mix' - a 90 minute audio tape featuring music recorded from various Amiga demo releases that were popular at the time. The music was recorded onto tape directly from the Commodore Amiga and featured slightly improved sound quality thanks to the Amiga 'sound-enhancer' device which basically added a more powerful audio filter to the Amiga, resulting in extra sound clarity. Unfortunately, at that time I had no way of eliminating the Amiga stereo sound split which meant some of the tunes didn't sound as good through headphones. Despite the extremely clear music recordings the fact that this was an audio tape meant unavoidable 'tape-hiss'. Those minor niggles aside it was a great compilation of tracks and acts as a nice snapshot of the Amiga demo scene at the time ...

... But that was over ten years ago! In 2006 I decided to revisit 'The Amiga PD Music Mix 1' and use the same advanced studio recording techniques and experience I have gained from recording C64 music for the last ten years. For the CD version of 'The Amiga PD Musix 1' I have digitally recorded every single track featured on the original tape directly from the Commodore Amiga. Once again I have used the 'Sound Enhancer' to improve the audio clarity of each track. Now I have full control over the audio I was also able to eliminate the problem with the Amiga stereo-split by slightly mixing the left and right channels together. This still retains the stereo-sound that is important to the music but now means you can enjoy the music through headphones as the 'drums on the left, bass on the right' type problems are no more! As an extra enhancement I have improved some of the original .mod tunes by porting samples from the tunes to the PC and improved sound loops + eliminated 'clipping' from some samples - The fixed samples were were then re-inserted back into the .mod files on the Amiga which resulted in recordings that are actually slightly BETTER than the original Amiga tracks!

Only one problem remained - how to get 90 minutes of Amiga recordings onto an 80 minute audio CD. Rather than drop any tracks so that the music would fit onto one CD I decided to release a 2CD set - disc 1 features all the music from side 1 of the tape and disc 2 features all the music from side 2. But this meant I was left with over 30 mins of space remaining on each CD - so you know what that means? BONUS TRACKS!! The remaining space has been filled with more great music recorded directly from the Amiga including more classic tunes from that era along with personal favourite tracks that missed out from being featured on the tape originally.

The artwork was produced by actually scanning the Amiga itself in order to give the artwork the authentic beige colourscheme! I then used the Amiga logo, the plastic texture from the case itself and the vents running along the top as elements for the CD cover. I also took a photo of my Amiga 500 for the main cover image and to round it off added a '10 Year Anniversary' gold badge and the Binary Zone logo. The cover design was finished off with a few stills from various demos that have their music featured on the CDs.

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Excellent!!!! I cant wait to get my grubby hands on a copy :)
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Analog-X wrote:Excellent!!!! I cant wait to get my grubby hands on a copy :)
Time for those grubby hands to get busy - the webpage is now online!

Amiga PD Music Mix 1 - 10 Year Anniversary 2CD Special Edition!

More sound samples will be added shortly - along with a couple of tracks I didn't have room for on the CDs which you will be able to download for free!

Oh yes, and don't forget the prices have been reduced on ALL the Binary Zone music CDs as part of the January sale. :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Kenz wrote: Time for those grubby hands to get busy - the webpage is now online!
Done...Done and...Done! ;) <rubbing> Grubby Hands </rubbing>