R.K.O upload problem. Any ideas?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Dr. Bongo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

R.K.O upload problem. Any ideas?

Post by Dr. Bongo »

Ok, this is getting frustrating. I can`t get a new remix to upload to RKO. All the fields in the upload window are correctly filled in, I have tried re-encoding the mp3 with lame, Played with my firewalls etc., tried a different computer, and have tried submitting everyday for the last week (Incase the fault lies with RKO) but all I get after clicking Upload! is internet activity for a few seconds and then the "Webpage cannot be displayed" screen.

Does anybody have any Ideas as to what is going wrong :idea:

Thanks in advance.
tmx

Post by tmx »

Size limit is 20mb so make sure it's less then 20mb.

Have you changed your browsers "Time to live" ?, default is 20 seconds and if page hasnt loaded til then you get that message.
Most windows/browser tweak software allows you to change this in a breeze. You can find several such tweaking softwares for free on download.com
RKO server seems very fast, I usually upload with 100mbit connection and RKO recives in a flash

If that's not the problem you might consider trying a different browser all together, like Firefox or IE if your already using firefox.

I see you have previously released a remix here, did you upp it with the same connection your using now ?

If all else fails try uploading from a friends puter or at work.
O
o
°
°

<°)))><
Dr. Bongo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dr. Bongo »

Thanks for your advice tmx, I`d like to be able to say what the problem actually was but my remix uploaded fine without changing anything and is now in the RKO que. Strange one, maybe the fault of a Gremlin? :lol: