spy vs spy beta

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

spy vs spy beta

Post by Infamous »

Not even sure if im going to finish this yet, its a little leftfeild (think monty)
It just sort of happened ^^

any comments etc are as always greatfully recieved.

ps i know its clipping like a bastard towards the end.. its one massive bass signature thats popping happily that im trying to eliminate .. but it just doesnt seem to want to go.. cheeky sod.

http://rapidshare.com/files/27977930/Spyvsspy.mp3.html
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: spy vs spy beta

Post by omoroca »

Infamous wrote:any comments etc are as always greatfully recieved.
I hope that goes for me, too!? Bc most of my comments for your 2005/2006 remixes were, well, er, not-so-positive. :oops:

This one's cool. Only the breakbeats could run even wilder for my taste. More snares and hihats, please! And some LFO sounds might work, too.

EDIT: Oh, and to make it easier for people to download (without 4-digit codes and stuff), I suggest http://www.speedyshare.com/
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

yummy, finish the track... i like it!!!

cheers ifadeo
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hehe any opinion is valued to me omoroca, i can't please everyone and dont expect too and I learn more when people are objective towards things :).

Worked out where the dirty click noise was coming from (wasnt the bassline at all.. its the underline breakbeat so thats fixed now), got a 2nd and a 3rd breakbeat in there now which mix up together nicely and my gate box is working again so theres a few chop up parts in there now too.

Doing work on the bassline now to spice it up a little more, dont want it to just keep repeating itself like that and added a filtered section to it which at the moment is making my speakers go frrzttt!, so i can only imagine what it'll do to everyone elses.. ill fix that eventually.

what else?

toying with a vocal on it, been offered some live mc type stuff which is tempting.. it would give it a very underground feel, so "might" explore that area.

should have a 2nd beta to stick up here by the end of the weekend.
cheers for the comments and the nudges in the right direction :D
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Nice infamous! 8) 8) 8)

This is classy! :w00t: (I'm afraid of clipping tho, don't want to hurt my speakers)
Dr. Bongo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dr. Bongo »

Hey pretty good. My only negative comment would be that although this is sounding a little different to the rest don`t you think Spy vs Spy has been done to death already?
Having said that, I do hope to hear the finished version.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Dr. Bongo -- it's not the number of remixes that matter - it's how many that don't suck, and are different, that matter :wink:
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Kay, Infy!

Thats's a positive!
GO! GO! GO!

Spy vs Spy can't be remixed to death and I've waited for somebody like you to have a shot at it! Please finish that gem! :D
All is lost.
maverickbna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by maverickbna »

It's not bad, but the breakbeats overpower the melody. Either add some compression, or lower the breakbeat levels.

But I do like what I hear. :lol:
In a sky full of people - only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

spyvspy in infy style. i love your breaks, man! it needs more tweaking but it's promising nevertheless :D
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

ok so im still fiddling about this is still v0.1 im just trying to work out what direction i want to go into.

Changed it around a little.

Going the more cube::hard way of remaking (aka - blow up everyones speakers and then laugh at them afterwards)

http://rapidshare.com/files/29885905/Spyvsspy.mp3.html

seriously.. turn the bass DOWN for the end section ive not EQ'ed it at all and it really does make things rumble (its a clean bass though no clicking etc just fucking LOUD) Im hoping to be able to keep that deep sound but push the drumbeat over the top of it because at the moment the drumbeat disappears behind it crying like a small child that just got slapped by its mum for being naughty.

What im doing right now -

Diversifying that bassline (the reverse part) stattaco / gating ahoy and alot of filter stuff.

working more on the buildup so its a bit longer and more coherent, it just sort of appears and thats not good enough for me.

refining the drumbeat a bit more, as parts of it are spaced out that aint meant to be .. also fiddling about with the patterns (theres already 20 different patterns in there using the same beat just cut up differently but i think im going to at "least" double that to keep it fresh sounding).

Working on the beginning slow beat to do the old flanged sound (remember the rave music of the early 90's?.. that noise).

fitting in spy vs spy in there :p
FunkyM
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by FunkyM »

How do you manage it, eh? That's what, half finished? And it still sounds a million times better than any of my stuff! :?

Then again, you've been at it a while, this remixing, and I only really dabble...

But yeah, good work Infy! :)
FMI - Creators of Funky Monkey, Cozy Cat, and NEW! Thunder Horse!

Try our products today, you'll really Notice the difference!
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

Great sound to it ..

Can't wait for it to hit R:K:O in it's finnished state..
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/