Three tunes: Z-Out level 4, Triangle intro and PTC

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Dunny

Three tunes: Z-Out level 4, Triangle intro and PTC

Post by Dunny »

Sorry for making this three-in-one, but these are possibly my most favourite tunes.

They are all available for the Amiga. So, one at a time:

1. Triangle. My most favourite, but probably the most little-known of their tunes. It's a devil of a demo to find, so I've uploaded it to my googlepages:

http://paul.dunn.googlepages.com/Triangle.adf

It's just a straight boot in WinUAE using the basic A500 config. I'm not sure how I would like this one to be remixed - I quite like the "brass" effect, but I'm kind of hooked on Trance, though I really, really enjoy Daxx's remixes.

2. Z-Out Level 4. This is the best tune (after the title, which has been done-up into a more sophisticated form on the Amiga Immortal CD 2), and I love it. It's available here:

http://old.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/TFMX/Z-Out.lha

It's obvious to me that it's gonna be quite a hard guitar/rock theme in a similar vein to maybe the Speedball Speedy Guitar OC Remix.

3. PTC. This is a small amiga remake of the classic Centipede arcade, and has some lovely chiptunes in there. I'm not sure of the format, and couldn't find them anywhere except as an mp3. for that reason, I've upped that one too to my page:

http://paul.dunn.googlepages.com/PTC.adf

Again, it runs in a basic A500 config under winUAE (though you need to type "x 1" at the menu to run the game).

I'm not sure how PTC should be done - it's a chip tune, but good things have been done with similar tunes such as the Battle Squadron highscore - I do like the trance version of that one. So maybe Trance?

Hell, I'm no musician myself so I'm sure there's better qualified folks on here that will be able to deduce the correct type for each one.

Thanks for reading, and I would be most grateful if anyone can step up and have a go at these!

D.

Edit: Not Battlezone - 'twas Battle Squadron!
Last edited by Dunny on 17/09/2008 - 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Three tunes: Z-Out level 4, Triangle intro and PTC

Post by Analog-X64 »

PTC Tune is done in Composer 669 Format... Winamp can play that format.

If you grab a memory dump from UAE I can try and rip them for you. I dont have UAE to do it myself.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Dunny

Re: Three tunes: Z-Out level 4, Triangle intro and PTC

Post by Dunny »

Analog-X64 wrote:PTC Tune is done in Composer 669 Format... Winamp can play that format.

If you grab a memory dump from UAE I can try and rip them for you. I dont have UAE to do it myself.
Thanks for that - but I don't really need the music in C669 format, as I do have them in mp3. I posted the disk image as it's a considerably smaller filesize (than mp3) if anyone is interested in remixing them. Out of all three, I'd be most excited about a remix of the triangle tune. If anyone wants that one in "mod." or .mp3 format, I'll gladly oblige if it means a remix might be in the works :-)

D.