Stange IE help needed.....

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Stange IE help needed.....

Post by dan gillgrass »

Since this morning on certain web pages I keep getting various "run-time" errors when I access the page. Another prob is that when I try to update something like AVG or ADAWARE it just gives me an error about my web connection... anyone got any ideas?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Stange IE help needed.....

Post by Waz »

dan gillgrass wrote:Since this morning on certain web pages I keep getting various "run-time" errors when I access the page.
Try the following: go to Tools/Internet Options - click the Advanced tab and go the browsing section. Make sure disable script debugging is ticked and also display notification about script errors is unticked.

It could be that your programs are still trying to use your old dialup connection for internet access. Have you checked that?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
dan gillgrass

Re: Stange IE help needed.....

Post by dan gillgrass »

wazzaw wrote:Try the following: go to Tools/Internet Options - click the Advanced tab and go the browsing section. Make sure disable script debugging is ticked and also display notification about script errors is unticked.

It could be that your programs are still trying to use your old dialup connection for internet access. Have you checked that?
The first bit solved the problem, thanks mate! but for the second, ie...AVG, Anti Trojan etc, it doesnt have an option to change the dial up connection so it cant be that, also when I run the update option on AVG without being connected, it connects to my new on anyhow.

merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I had a similar problem just before Back in Time - I couldn't get to my Yahoo mailbox to read e-mails. It's fixed now, in a similar method - checking the right options are ticked/unticked in the "Advanced" section of the "Internet Options"
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Sussed it, it was because of the firewall I had installed and hadnt give the progs permission to access the net........ doh!