Turrican 2: The Final Challenge

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Turrican 2: The Final Challenge

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Until Amiga Remix is up and running again, I have decided to release this track from level 5 of the Amiga game on my own site. I just hate having "unfinished business" on my hard-drive... 8) Paul, any luck yet?

Needless to say, go to my site for now and download it if you like.

BTW, Neil, is the Vol.2 release date nearing?

Rafael
http://www.soniqfactory.de
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I'm about to send a newsletter to you guys about v2, the delays unfortunately continue. :(
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Interesting, 94 downloads from my site in less than 12 hours. There seems to be a lot of interest in this remix. Shame there's no opinions. :?:

Rafael
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

It sounds very like Huelsbeck´s own mixes, not only because of the samples, it is also a bit flat like his CDs from the 90s. I´d like to hear a "phat" lead-voice and the overall dynamics should be pushed up.
I tried with Magneto and it sounds much better with it, but the lead is still weak, ofcourse.
putzi
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

The mix is roughly about 12 months old admittedly - I only did some smaller changes to get it finally released. The emphasis was on the dance-y nature. Point taken and noted though although I'm not sure which lead you mean, the synths, the pianos or the short . But do you like it?

Rafael
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Oh, the point about liking, forgot to mention it...
yes, I like it, the blend with the vocal-samples is quite good and makes the whole thing both new/fresh and "retro" (I hate this word).
That short "Huelsbeck-Turrican-CD" synth-sound is especially the one I don´t like.
putzi
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Thank you for the nice words. The Turrican synth sound is just typically Turrican I guess - that's why I used it. Blame it on my "beta testers" for liking it. :wink:

Rafael
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hi Raf,

just got down to downloading Turrican (finally). It's a really cool version my friend. I'm with putzi too on that synth sound. Apart from that, top top work. Well Done! =)
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

Great stuff Rafael.

It's on amigaremix.com now BTW.
Paul Vanukoff
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Thank you for the nice words Paul. I see you have decided to go for the new method of uploading... :wink:

Rafael