Last Ninja II-Central Park (Space Infaders Remix)
REVIEW BY LaLa (20/10/2011)The positives:
- Doesn't mess much with the original arrangement while at the same time it adds its own unique touches. Nicely done!
- The powerful guitars really drive this tune. Great, great stuff.
- The relatively thin synthesizer (SID?) lead sounds. They make the remix sound thinner than it should be. Make them fatter (like the deep pad in the intro), and/or switch them to rhythm guitars.
- Too many wrong notes in the bridge section between 3:22-4:08, they just really bother my ears.
- It may be just my headphones, but the mix sounds a bit overcompressed to me.
Overall, the stylistic choice may not be anything new or creative as far as long-time RKO listeners like me are concerned, but it's executed pretty well.
Cyanuric shouts: Although Space Infaders obviously has some great skills I would love to see some more creativity here
Mayhem shouts: Nothing original here, this track has been remixed often, and also in this style, but it is certainly well put together
ryrynz shouts: Nice little refresh of a great tune.
Gregory Atlas shouts: A good Ninja Remix.
_steve_ shouts: A nice mix, but wrong notes in a very well known part let it down
YogibearRenoise shouts: Although it has its shortcomings I enjoyed this!
XxDUSTYxX shouts: Very good Last Ninja Remix to bang your head to!;)